In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-thirty-fourth edition:
- gitnonymous - Contribute pseudonymously to Git repositories over Tor
- Effective TDD with Ruby: vim setup - Another instalment of Luca Guidi’s series about TDD – this time with tips on building your own vim setup
- Kumquat - Render RMarkdown files inside Rails
- React on Rails - React on Rails integrates Facebook’s React front-end framework with Rails. And it’s interesting stuff.
- emoji support with MySQL & Rails - If you’re a MySQL user with a charset of utf8, you’ve probably noticed your database isn’t as excited about native emoji as your users are. There’s a one-liner to change that though.
- My life right now - We will meet again.
- Brick laying and bug reports - Thomas Cannon explains how to improve your bug fixing process.
- There is No Now - We humans might have a concept of “now”, but there is no such thing when it comes to distributed systems.
- Do You Know What a Good Environment Looks Like, Though?