In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the ninety-first edition:
- How to write the perfect pull request - “Use emoji to clarify tone” and other great tips.
- On “Learn To Code” - Should industry be allowed to dictate our curriculums? An interesting look at the growing “Learn to code” movement
- How we do CSS at Ghost - Check out how GitHub and LonelyPlanet do it, too! (in the introductory paragraph)
- Just use double-quoted strings - It turns out there isn’t a signifcant performance loss using double quoted strings in Ruby (because of interpolation). Interesting comment threads about semantics.
- libsass - Do you think your SASS compilation times are slow? Do you need a speed boost? Make your asset builds magnitudes (yes magnitudes) faster with libsass
- thoughtbot/til - til (today i learned) is a repo where people can add snippets for things that they learn in different technologies that they think is worth writing down for others. There are both a Ruby and a Rails section. More great stuff from the folks at thoughtbot